Please review the procedures below to implement EBT at the POS.
Types of EBT payment methods
See this guide for configuring payment methods.
- EBT - This is used prompt for EBT FOOD STAMP or EBT CASH BENEFIT on the terminal.
- NOTE: This should ONLY be used if you're offering EBT and EBT Cash Benefits to your customers.
- EBT FOODSTAMP - This is used for processing food stamps only.
- EBT CASHBENEFIT - This is used for processing food stamps and also cash on the EBT card.
To make a product EBT eligible, simply tag the product with EBT.
- From the back office go to the product catalog
- Search for the desired EBT eligible product and click "Edit selected Product(s)"
- Click the tag icon and enter in "EBT"
- Click "Save"
- Wait 2 minutes or manually sync the register for the change to become live
- Food Stamp Balance
- Cash Benefits Balance
Eligible and non-eligible EBT products on a transactionYou may come into the scenario where you have transactions where products will be a mix of EBT eligible and non-EBT eligible. As long as the items are properly tagged in Cloud Retailer to be eligible for EBT, this will be handled automatically.
Once you have done that, this will pop up on the screen: