Windows 11 Support
Modified on: Tue, 20 Sep, 2022 at 3:58 PM
As Microsoft begins to roll out Windows 11 it's important to know more about RITE's stance on supporting this new operating system. See our notes below. THANK YOU FOR YOUR PARTNERSHIP!
In a nutshell:
- We don't recommend you upgrade to Windows 11 for RMS customers
- Microsoft RMS is not fully compatible with Windows 11 and we will not be able to provide support for it.
- Any support related to Windows 11 will be billable
- At the time of this writing, Microsoft has started to automatically deploy Windows 11 to computers that are fit to use this operating system.
- If you are running anything other than Windows 10 currently, your OS will not be automatically updated.
- If your computer is more than 3 years old it likely does not have hardware modern enough to run Windows 11 and will not be upgraded.
- Windows 10 will continue to be supported until October of 2025
- If you do any type of printer sharing, and you upgrade one of your computers to Windows 11, you should upgrade all of them. We will not support cross-operating system printer sharing.
Cloud Retailer Windows 11 Support
- Cloud Retailer has been testing and appears to work great with Windows 11. That said, the OS is new, and it is less clear that the peripherals Cloud Retailer uses (receipt printers, label printers, barcode scanners) are rock solid on the operating system.
- We have done some initial testing with peripherals and our supported hardware appears to work fine. We will continue to validate this.
- We will NOT support non-supported hardware on Windows 11. If you upgrade to this operating system and have a hardware failure we will ask you to replace the equipment before we continue.
- See our supported hardware list here: Hardware / Network Requirements for Cloud Retailer. Star receipt printers have been removed from our supported hardware list as there have been reported intermittent issues.
- Watch for updates to this documentation as we continue to work with this new OS.
Microsoft Retail Management System Windows 11 Support
- Microsoft RMS use with Windows 11 is not supported by RITE. Unfortunately, if you are running this configuration we will not be able to support your system.
Card Defender for RMS Windows 11 Support
- Card Defender for RMS is being tested at this time. Our ability to fully support it at this time is unknown.
- For these reasons, please do not upgrade to Windows 11. The holidays are NOT the optimal time to be making system changes. All support time spent for any reason on a device running Windows 11 and Card Defender will be billable with the possibility of an inability to support this operating system with Card Defender for RMS. We will make further announcements at that time.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.