When there is a need to update the eshop layout, it is a good idea to back up the current settings and code first so we can revert back to the old settings if in case the changes that we made are not working.
Back up step:
- Before changing any code or settings, make sure to create a back up first.
- Go to Admin -> Alter Layout
- In the Alter layout page, click on the Export Settings button at the bottom of the page to save the current settings.
- The file name would be similar to EShopSettings.xml.
- You can do multiple saves by just clicking on the Export Settings button everytime you hit a milestone.
Restoring the backup:
1. To restore the backup, you need to select the backup file by clicking on Choose a file button.
2. Select the file that you want to upload.
3. Once the file is selected, you will see that the Choose a file button will show the file name and the Import settings button will now be active.
4. Click on the Import Settings button to import the backup settings. Follow the prompts if there is any.
5. Click on the Save and Preview button to save the current layout.
6. There may be a need to restart the eshop instance to update the lay out of the eshop. To do that, click on the Restart Client button.
Sometimes you only need to change and test a few lines of the code. You can always open a Notepad to save the original settings temporarily while you test changes on the layout of the eshop.