With Cloud Retailer, you can create content that can be delivered at the point of sale on the customer-facing screen. This content can be as simple as presenting a logo or as complex as displaying a video. Our recommendation for the average user to create really great-looking content easily is to cheat a little; we allow you to use Microsoft PowerPoint, a very simple, well-used tool for creating presentations to build your content.
Here's what you need to do:
1) Use PowerPoint to create your slideshow. On the "Transitions" tab make sure to set the "Advance Slide" option so that a specific slide in the presentation advances to the next slid automatically after a certain number of seconds. You may have to play with this setting somewhat as it seems the number of seconds does not work out precisely with what the customer sees.
2) Once you've built a slide show go to "Save As" in PowerPoint and choose the MPEG-4 option. This will render your slideshow as a video. Review the output to make sure it's what you want.
3) Upload the video to the back office (Admin - Misc - Global Attachments). Note the URL by opening the uploaded attachment into a new tab:
4) Open Notepad, paste the text below into it and replace the text YOUR_VIDEO_URL_HERE with the address captured in step 3. Save this file with an .HTML extension. Once you do this the file should open up with chrome and should show your video playing.
<html> <head> <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge"> <title>The video</title> </head> <body style="margin:0"> <video controls="" autoplay="" loop=""> <source src="YOUR_VIDEO_URL_HERE" type="video/mp4"> Your browser does not support the video tag. </video> </body></html>
5) Upload this HTML file as an attachment and then configure it as content in the customer display module. Once the video runs, it will auto-repeat.
Average Time to Complete