Supplier Purchase plans represent a tool with which you can use one of two methods to calculate reorder information and automatically create related Purchase Orders in Cloud Retailer.
- Minimum and Maximum Quantity
- Past Sales
- Navigate to Tools and Select Supplier Purchase Planning
- Click on 'Create New Supplier Purchase Plan'
- Create a Description for the Purchase Plan.
- Choose a Location(s).
- Choose 1 or more Suppliers from the list, or use the top option to select or unselect all. This will determine which suppliers will be evaluated during the QTO calculations later on.
- (Optional) Set a Filter for the Purchase Plan - for Example, Limit the plan to only reorder Items from the Department Misc. If you wanted to order only items in the Wine Department, you could use a filter like this;
- VERY IMPORTANT - Click the magnifying glass (search) after your supplier, filters, and custom views are selected. This action will apply all the selected filters. Skipping this step can result in unwanted items in purchase orders.
- Click the Calculate QTO Button, and then select either Reorder Points or Past Sales. If using past sales, specify a date rage.
- Review the QTO Column, and if needed adjust the numbers. If you'd like to review Sales statistics during your review, check the Show Statistics Window and you'll see a graph like this;
- After you're satisfied with the contents of the QTO column, save the Purchase Plan.
- At this time, each Supplier with items that have a been included in the Purchase Plan will have a Purchase Order created with the items from the plan that are supplied by that supplier.
- After creation, the Quantities on the Purchase Orders can be changed. For example, you can add more items, increase the quantities, or otherwise manipulate the individual Purchase Order by clicking on the PO Number.