Purchase orders are the way that Cloud Retailer keeps track of inventory costs and products on hand.
- Click on Tools > Purchase orders / store transfers
- Click on Add New Purchase Order
- Enter a unique Reference Number or use the number the system automatically puts in for you
- Make sure Kind is set to Regular
- Pick a location from the drop-down
- Pick a supplier from the drop-down
- Note the Status is set to open at this point and cannot be changed, you need to save the Purchase Order before you can change the status
- Start entering the product into the Purchase Order
- The product text boxes can be used as search boxes, start typing what you are looking for and a drop-down of potential products will be displayed.
- Once a product is selected from the drop-down, several fields will be autofilled, like Reorder Number and Item Cost
- Once items are entered into the purchase order there are a few options under the status drop-down
- Open / Not received is where the order is either being submitted to the supplier or already has been submitted to the supplier and the store is now waiting on the order to arrive
- Receiving, put the purchase order into a data entry mode where it asks for how many of each product has been received. If there are discrepancies a new purchase order can be created automatically by the system.
- Inventory received tells the system that the products in the purchase order have arrived and to add their costs and quantities into the inventory.
- Posted Caution: This status is reserved for the accounting integration. Setting a purchase order to Posted prevents changes from being made to the purchase order. This status cannot be undone once selected and saved. (If you do not want the "Posted" status to be an option, it can be removed if you change the permission setting in each user role. To get there, go to Admin --> Manage Employee Roles. See image below for reference)
- Inactive will remove the purchase order from inventory calculations. If set to inactive after receiving, this will remove the product quantity and cost from the system. Note: The does not delete the purchase order, it just removes the products in the purchase order from the system, including any reports or tools that use on order.
Average Time to Complete