This article will cover the process of starting the Microsoft RMS POS in offline mode. Additional information regarding offline mode is available in the reference section if you are setting it up for the first time. This article is intended to serve as a quick reference for Cashier's or other line staff using the Point of Sale on a daily basis. It might be helpful to print this article and post it in a handy location for later reference.
- Typically, the need for offline mode will stem from some issue communicating with the database. While there are multiple different error messages you may see, this is what the most common message will look like;
- After you receive this message, click 'OK' - this will case the Point of Sale to close.
- Find the Microsoft Dynamics RMS Point of Sale Icon (typically on your desktop or in the start menu) - double click it to restart the POS.
- The POS will attempt to start. It may take longer than normal to show activity. Be patient. You should see the following message once the POS finishes it's startup;
- While operating in Offline mode, the POS will give you a couple of visual indications so you are aware. The following Screenshot demonstrates;
- The POS will remain in offline mode until the primary database is back online. Once the main DB is restored, you will need to close and reopen POS. Once you do, you will see the following message;
- Click Yes when you receive this message. The POS will complete setup and prompt for your login details.
- Login to the POS
- A status message will appear while the Offline Data is Restored.
- Once complete, a message will display; "Data was successfully restored" - Click OK