How to create product attributes
Modified on: Fri, 27 Jan, 2023 at 1:49 PM
Product attributes can be used to provide additional information on a product. As an example, we can create wine attributes like region, age, color, etc. The procedure below shows you how to create these attributes.
- Open a product. Check for the Product Tabbed Attribute Set Form. If you do not see that in the product edit page, please contact tech support.
- Go to Admin -> Attribute sets.
- Click on create new attribute set.
- Put in a descriptive name and description. For our example, we want this to be Wine attributes. So we name it as wine.
- Under entity, choose product (you can also use attributes for other parts of CR).
- Click on the "Create new attribute" button. This will open the attribute window. This is where the individual attributes are created. For our example, let's create an attribute called "color". Put Color in the code and in the name.
- The entity name is Product.
- Select how you want to enter the data for this attribute under Type. We want this to be a textbox for our example.
- Click on save.
- Go back to the attribute set page and select this as one of the attributes as shown below.
- Go back to the product page. The new attribute can now be selected.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.