Cloud Retailer has the ability to assign a persistent custom discount on a per Customer basis. When a Customer has a persistent custom discount assigned, that discount will be applied to each transaction with the Customer assigned to a transaction. This feature was added to Cloud Retailer starting in version 2.10.2.
This article will guide you through the process of assigning a persistent custom discount to a Customer. If you need help creating a custom discount, please see this article; How to set up a promotion/discount scheme
Assign a Customer Discount from the Back office
- Login to your Cloud Retailer Back Office.
- Navigate to Admin > Customers
- Search for the Customer to whom you will assign the Custom Discount
- Select the Customer and edit their record by double-clicking the record on the Customer Grid.
- In the Persistent Custom Discount field, begin typing the description of the discount you would like to assign the customer. Cloud Retailer will auto-complete the discount description once you have entered enough information for the system to detect which available Discount you're trying to assign.
- Once the Custom Discount is assigned, click Save or Save and Exit on the Customer's record.
Assign a Customer Discount from the Point of Sale
- Login to your Cloud Retailer POS.
- Click the Lookup Customer button and search for the Customer to whom you will assign the Custom Discount.
- Select the Customer and edit their record by Clicking their account and then pressing the 'View / Edit Button'
- On the Customer Data form, find the desired discount from the Persistent Custom Discount dropdown.
- Click save to update the customer record.
Use Cases for Persistent Custom Discounts:
Some of the most common uses of Persistent Custom Discounts include;
- Friends & Family Discount
- Employee Discount
- Wholesale Discount
- Charitable Discount
- VIP Customer Discount