This article will detail how to set dynamic date ranges that adjust based on the current date in saved (memorized) reports.
Caution: this is a fairly advanced procedure - if in doubt, please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-267-7483 for billable/paid assistance.
- Find the saved report configuration by clicking on Reports in the sidebar then clicking on View existing report configurations.
- Search for the report title in the search field.
- The report configuration must be of the type "Link."
- Check the box to select the report configuration.
- Click the Edit Selected Report Configuration(s) button.
- Edit the URL of the saved report configuration.
- Click in the Url: text field and press Ctrl-A to select all and then Ctrl-C to copy.
- Open Notepad and paste the URL with Ctrl-V.
- Identify the Date values we need to change. The URL will have the slashes in the date value re-encoded to %2F. Spaces will be re-encoded to %20 and colons to %3A. Include the time along with the date if it appears. In the example below I have highlighted the date and time values. Notice that they appear shortly after the text "fromDate" and "toDate", and that they will be between Value= and &.
- Replace the Date values with one of the following values:
- DAYSPREVIOUS:X where X is a number, 0 being today, 1 being yesterday, 30 being 30 days ago, and so on.
- DAYSPREVIOUSEND:X the same as DAYSPREVIOUS, except the time will be set to 23:59:59 instead of 00:00:00.
- MONTHSPREVIOUS:X where X is a number, 0 being this month, 1 being last month, and so on. This will produce a date equal to the first day of the month. For example, if today is 8/21/2019, MONTHSPREVIOUS:1 will produce a date of 7/1/2019.
- MONTHSPREVIOUSEND:X where X is a number, 0 being this month, 1 being last month, and so on. This will produce a date equal to the last day of the month. For example, if today is 8/21/2019, MONTHSPREVIOUSEND:1 will produce a date of 7/31/2019.
- Below is an example of how to replace the date values so that the report will always open with a start date of the first day of the previous month and an end date of today.
- In Notepad, press Ctrl-A to select all and then Ctrl-C to copy.
- Go back to the Url: field of the saved report configuration and press Ctrl-A to select all and then Ctrl-V to paste. Click the Save button.
- Test the report. It should now open with the desired date range.