Applies to Cloud Retailer version 2.8 or greater.
RecommendationsWe highly recommend using this button on rare occasions. Here are the general recommendations / tips:
- Never reboot the computer during a credit card transaction (even if it is timing out). In these situations, this is where the abort button will come in handy.
- If you aborted a transaction, it will need to be ran again (even if the payment went through). The POS will revert the transaction once the terminal reconnects to the network.
- The payment can't revert, now what? Likely, the POS is trying to connect to the terminal and revert the transaction, but there is no network connection to the terminal. You may see multiple attempts to revert.
- If you are concerned about duplicate transactions or not receiving any payment, you can verify with the terminal history. This terminal history button is typically located under the Manager taskpad > Terminal > Terminal History.
- From the back office navigate to Admin > Admin Catalog
- Click Global Entity Settings
- Click Electronic Payments
- Modify the text field adjacent to Electronic payments abort button delay (seconds) to the desired delay time > Save