The Profit Margin Report is capable of defining a per-Product Category (Department or Category) Target Retail Margin that the report then reports against for products. This article walks through configuring this Target Retail Margin value.
NOTE: This report requries the Profit Checker Report Package to be installed on your instance. If you are missing the links in this article, open up a ticket with our Cloud Retailer helpdesk.
- Log in to your Cloud Retailer Back Office
- From the left-hand menu, click Products -> Product Categories
- For each Product Category you wish to configure:
- Click on the Product Category in the treeview
- Click the Edit Selected Product Category(s) button
- Find the Product Category Tabbed Attribute Set Form (or Product Category) section
- Click on the Profit Checker Settings tab/button
- Set the Target retail margin field to be the desired retail profit margin for the entire Product Category
- (Optional) Set the Target sale margin field to be the sales profit margin for the entire Product Category
- Click the Save button dropdown and choose Save and Close
TIP: The values set on the "Category" level will override values set at the "Department" level. This nesting is not currently supported at the "Sub-category" level.
Here is a video showing the above Procedure: