This basic network troubleshooting guide can often fix the problem quickly. Here's a simple guide to help you get back online:
- Check your modem and router:
- Ensure they are plugged in and powered on.
- Check for any loose cables or damage.
- Restart your modem and router by unplugging them for 30 seconds and plugging them back in.
- Verify your network connection:
- On your computer, check if you are connected to the correct network.
- If you are using Wi-Fi, try connecting with an ethernet cable to see if the problem persists.
- Restart your devices:
- Restart your computer, phone, or other devices that are having network problems.
- This can often resolve minor software glitches.
- Contact your ISP/Check for outages:
- If you have tried all of the above steps and are still having problems, contact your ISP for further assistance.
If you are using a VPN, try disabling it to see if that resolves the issue.
Try connecting to a different network to see if the problem is specific to your home network.
Keep your software and firmware up to date.
Use a strong password for your Wi-Fi network.