If you would like to have a prompt to display asking to enter the opening cash amount for a register drawer you can enable it by following the steps below.
- Log into the back office.
- Click on "Admin" > "Placeholder Texts".
- In the search box at the top left enter "UpdateShiftOpeningAmount" and click the magnify glass.
NOTE: If you do not get any results you will need to check the box under the search box until it says "Searching inactive and active entries".
- Click on the "UpdateShiftOpeningAmount" then click on "Edit Selected Place Holder Text(s)".
- Check the the "Is Active" box if it is not already.
- Do not change anything in the "Text" field. Changing anything in this box "WILL" break the prompt function.
- Set the "Attribute Set" to "Event Profile".
- Set "Priority" to 500.
- Set "Message Name" to "SignInSuccessfulEventData".
- Set Specificity to Common
- Click save.
- Close the Cloud Retailer POS program and open it again.
- The next time a cashier attempts to login after the register has been closed they will get a prompt to enter the opening amounts.
NOTE: If $0.00 is entered it will prompt every time a cashier logs in. If this is how you want to use the system then you need this Placeholder Text disabled.