It's that time of the month or year and you need to submit your tax report. You open your sales tax collected report and you see that the Total sales (sum) and Taxable Amount (Sum)show double the expected amount for your cannabis/THC sales tax.
The reason for this is that there are two sales tax jurisdictions in your THC/Cannabis Sales tax which doubles the total sales.
To fix this, add the Tax Jurisdiction column and move it as the first column.
Here is the step-by-step guide on how to do this.
- Go to your Cloud Retailer back office.
- Click on Reports on the left panel.
- Search for Sales Tax Collected Report.
- Click on the + symbol on the left side of the report
- Click on the box beside the Tax Jurisdiction to add the column
- Click onAdd Selected
- Drag the Tax Jurisdiction column to the first column
- And it should look like this:
- And you're done!